If you love organic products, then you are most likely enjoying a cup of the best green tea brand for boxing that you love everyday, just like the rest of the 158 million Americans. Aside from its refreshing taste and your daily boost of caffeine, green tea is the best drink for boxing.
Yes, you read it right!
There are plenty of benefits that you can get out of green tea which is why adding this to your diet, or maybe it’s extract to the different health and beauty products that you use can definitely make a difference when it comes to your overall weight. Get ready to learn more about this product and know what is the best green tea in the market these days.
Different Types Of Green Tea
Green tea has different varieties. This is the most commonly grown tea in the world but you should know what type of green tea are you drinking. All of the green tea types are from the Camellia Sinensis which is believed to be first discovered in China. However, green tea goes through a certain process that separates it and its health benefits from its other parts. Farming green tea has spread all across Asia which is why you can now find a lot of strain varieties in the market.
Before we discuss the best green tea to buy for boxing, here are some of the different types of green tea that you should know of:
- Sencha. The most commonly drunk green tea variety. The Japanese use the tea leaves from the first harvest grown from direct sunlight which is steamed, dried and rolled to intensify its flavor.
- Gyokuro. The process of Gyokuro is similar to Sencha, but three weeks before its harvest, the leaves are hidden from sunlight to keep its strong flavor that comes from the amino acids in the plant for a fuller taste.
- Tencha. Like Gyokuro Tea, Tencha is also removed from the sunlight three weeks before harvest time. Leaves are then harvested, steamed, air dried, and removed from its vines and stems. Unlike Gyokuro, Tencha does not go through the rolling process.
- Matcha. This is ground up Tencha. After shading, harvesting, then steaming, the leaves are left to dry, removed from the vines and stems, and ground into its powder form for brewing.
- Funmatsucha. Also a ground tea, but the difference is that Funmatsucha does not need to be shaded from the sunlight to give it a much bitter taste. Despite its bitterness, the tea is known for its antioxidant properties compared to other tea strains.
- Konacha. The name may mean ‘powder tea,’ but in reality, Konacha is not in powder form. It is made of small bits of leaves filtered during the Gyokuro or Sencha process. This is considered a cheap tea because they are filtered bits from other types of green tea. Yes, it might be cheap but it can be roasted into Houjikonacha that will dilute its bitterness and give you a more robust flavor.
- Shincha. This is a different type of tea. Shincha is a first harvest tea. This means that the leaves are of the best quality and they are typically more expensive than the other strains. It is harvested during the first flush to maintain its bitter taste because, during this time, the amino acids are still not that much catechin and caffeine.
- Fukamushicha. This is a combination of leaves from Sencha, Kabusecha, Gyokuro, and Bancha. They are deep-steamed to give a deeper color and brew and result to a richer flavor. It can give you soothing effects on the stomach because of its light flavor.
- Kukicha. This is known as a ‘twig tea’ because it is made with the twigs and stems, unlike the other types that are made out of leaves. Kukicha has a yellow or brown color from the stems, but it still goes through the Green tea process.
- Bancha. This is the regrown second harvest coming after the first flush for Sencha. The leaves are picked in three periods from June to October because, at this time, the leaves are becoming less flavorful in each harvest.
Things To Consider When Buying Green Tea
Green tea may be a well-known product in the market these days that are packed with health benefits, but still, you should know how to carefully choose the right one depending on your preference. They are becoming more and more popular in the market for a good reason: it’s good for you! This may not taste as good as other drinks, but it is very effective.
So here are the things that you should look for when choosing the best brew:
- Antioxidant Content. Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) is the main antioxidant that you can find in a green tea, but the amount will usually vary depending on the brand.
- The Loose Leaf Tea. Green tea from loose leaves tend to have more EGCG content.
- No Added Sugars. There are iced green tea varieties that have added sugar to their ingredients. Remember that this will also add calories to your daily intake and it is completely unnecessary. If you want, keep its organic form by adding a bit of honey to it for added flavor.
- Check the expiry date all the time. Green tea does not always stay fresh. It loses its freshness in about 6 months which is its shelf life but you can extend it by keeping it in the refrigerator for a couple of months.
- The First Harvest Tea. As mentioned above, the quality of the green tea will depend on when it was harvested. As always, the first harvest will give you the best quality. Remember that the highest green tea quality is picked at the earliest in the year – between March and April.
- Organic Green Tea. With all the chemicals that we ingest from the food that we eat each day, a cup of organic green tea that is free from contamination from pesticides and other harmful chemicals is what our body needs.
Plenty of research backs up the green tea benefit claims, especially its effectiveness in reducing your risk of cardiovascular diseases. Aside from that, green tea is also good for your metabolism which aids in weight loss and can make your skin glow. But remember that there are different types of green tea and they also offer a variety of benefits. They are not created equal.
The Best Green Tea for Boxing
Teamonk Nilgiri Chamomile Green Tea
If you want to pamper yourself with a cup of a delicious sweet floral aroma with a spellbinding taste of Chamomile tea, then this should be your first choice when looking for a tea that helps you lose weight. This is one of the popular teas in the world because of its uniqueness not because it is made from 100% pure extract then mixed with natural chamomile flowers, but also with the calmness that it brings as well as the benefits that it can give you.
- 100% Pure And Natural Teas. Unlike other teas, a cup of Teamonk is packed with all-natural ingredients – no oils, no added aromas and flavors, and no artificial essences. You are sure to get a pure and natural taste.
- Curated By Tea Connoisseurs. Teamonk makes sure they curate what every tea lover is searching for – a drink that is packed with energizing, relaxing, glowing, and weight caring benefits. Your health and wellness are important, so Teamonk makes a special tea that you can enjoy any time of the day.
- Sensory Experience Overload. Teamonk is a mild yellow-green tea with a pleasant floral note from the fresh chamomile extract added to it. You can now enjoy a cup of delicious tea with an energizing aftertaste.
- Enjoy A Cup And Help A Worker. Sometimes, it’s not all about what we can get, but also what we can give. Plantation workers are doing everything they can to grow and harvest the best quality of green tea for Teamonk. As you enjoy every cup of this fresh and energizing drink, you are helping in making a difference in the lives of each plantation worker.
Double Green Matcha from The Republic Of Tea
If you want an elegant tea that is a mix of the organic Matcha and organic Chinese green leaf tea, then the Republic Of Tea Double Green Matcha is what you need. This product is from Japan that can provide you with a strong but healthy cup of freshness. You can even enjoy this tea in its cold version for a more refreshing effect. Because it became very popular all over the world, the Republic Of Tea Double Green Matcha was featured in Men’s Health: Top 125 Foods For Men!
- Minimal Caffeine. If you love a bit of caffeine in your drink, this Double Green Matcha has a fraction of the amount in a cup. This would be the perfect dose of energy boost that you would need to get you going all throughout the day.
- Made With the Finest Ingredients. Double Green Matcha is a mix of 100% organic China Green tea and Organic Japanese Matcha that every tea enthusiast would love. It’s flavorful and packed with nutrients that our body needs.
- 100% Organic. It is time to give our body a break from harmful chemicals that we can find in our daily on-the-go meals. With a cup of this Double Green Matcha, you will get 100% all-natural drink packed with health benefits that your body needs. It is non-GMO project verified.
- Zero Calories. If you are trying to lose weight, you want to eat and drink anything that has a minimum to none calories. With the Double Green Matcha, it contains zero calories, it is carb-free, sugar-free, and gluten-free.
Gen Sou En Tea Bags (Umami)
This is a 100% Japanese ‘Umami’ green tea with a blend of Sencha teas. It has a balanced flavor that is easy to drink with a refreshing aftertaste. This Umami tea is a product of 100 years of tea expertise, assuring you of the most flavorful taste from the first flush leaves blended in Gen So En Teas.
- Perfect For Any Green Tea Aficionado. If you love green tea, then you should never miss the chance to give this Umami tea a taste. There might be other green tea that you have tried in the past, but the Umami tea has a distinctive taste of freshness that you can never say no to.
- Sensory Experience. It has a very mild, yet strong scent to make you feel more relaxed after enjoying a cup. This is the best way to relax your mind, body, and soul after your long day at work.
- Taste Of Traditional Tea. Japan is known for their fresh and aromatic teas and if you are searching for one, the Umami tea is perfect for you. The authentic product from 10 decades of expertise.
- First Flush Harvest. This means that the tea comes from the highest quality from the Sencha trees. If leaves are harvested during the first flush of spring, you can expect the best-tasting tea – a drink like no other.
Organic Lean Green Supergreen Tea
This is a product from the Republic Of Tea, one of the most popular producers of high-quality green tea. It is made with the most amazing benefits that you can seldom find from other green tea brands. It’s flavorful and refreshing, perfect for every green tea lover.
- Packed With Health Benefits. This popular green tea is packed with antioxidants that can improve your metabolism and help you shed those excess pounds. This is by far one of the best weight loss green tea that you can find in the market.
- Premium Blend Of Flavors. Organic Lean Green Supergreen Tea is a blend of the premium Japanese Matcha and green tea leaves. This powerful drink promises a healthy, and smooth-tasting flavor and aroma.
- Cinnamon Benefits. If you are looking to lose weight, the cinnamon benefits that comes with this green tea is perfect for your weight loss goals. This is because cinnamon is known to help your body increase your lean mass and make you feel full to avoid binge eating.
- All-Natural Ingredients. This powerful green tea is a blend of all-natural ingredients – organic green tea, organic green tea matcha, organic cinnamon, organic garcinia cambogia, and so much more. You can let your body rest from the harmful ingredients that come from your everyday food and give it a natural boost from this powerful drink.
VitaCup Green Tea
VitaCup is a special green tea that promises a delicious and smooth flavor. Each product can give you a taste of Matcha, Moringa, packed with vitamins (B1, B5, B6, B9, B12, and D3) to boost your morning. It comes in a single serve recyclable tea pod that is perfect for your everyday green tea boost.
- Packed With Vitamins. If you need a vitamin-infused drink to start your day, this is definitely the green tea dose that you need. End the struggles of feeling sluggish all day, give your body an instant boost with this tea without giving up the quality of the taste.
- A Healthy Dose Of Benefits Each Day. VitaCup green tea is made with a signature blend of various vitamins and antioxidants for your immunity boost. It can increase your productivity, give support to your metabolism, and make you feel more alert and sharp all throughout the day.
- The Vitamin Angels. With every product that you buy from VitaCup, you are giving a portion of what you pay to the Vitamin Angels. VitaCup has teamed with Vitamin Angels to put an end to global malnutrition.
- Eco-Friendly. It’s time to think more than just the benefits that we give ourselves. These coffee pods are 100% pure recyclable and BPA-free plastics. These are accepted with most regular recycling companies while the grounds and filter are biodegradable.
How Much Green Tea Should I Drink?
There are always questions when it comes to green tea and weight loss:
“Is it effective for boxing?”
“How much should I drink to fit?”
Green tea has recently gained so much attention from all over the world when it was considered as a weight loss product. If this piqued your interest, here are some of the effective ways for this herbal tea for boxing:
- Zero Calories. Each cup of green tea contains almost zero calories which is why it can boost your metabolism and also improve your body’s ability to burn more energy.
- Presence of Flavonoids. Flavonoids found in green tea are the ones responsible for increasing your body’s fat oxidation levels and also boosts your insulin activity. If you substitute tea for calorie-filled drinks, this can make you lose about a pound of weight in just one week!
- Natural Diuretic. Green tea is considered a natural diuretic so it has the capability to combat fluid retention issues and other tissue inflammation. Thus, drinking green tea on a regular basis can reduce your body fat by up to 19%.
- Caffeine Content. This can also contribute to weight loss. Remember that caffeine acts as a stimulant which can improve your exercise performance, so it helps in burning your excess body fat.
How Much Should you Drink to Fit?
Experts from the University of Maryland Medical Center recommends that you drink 2 to
3 cups (contains 200 mg of catechins) of green tea a day. With this consumption, green tea can help you lose and maintain a healthy weight. The best time for drinking green tea for boxing would be in the morning or early at night. You can also drink a cup of green tea between meals, like two hours before and after so you can maximize the effects of green tea.
The actual weight that you will lose from green tea can be a bit modest, but the weight that you are losing tends are mostly body fat, not muscles. This is the subcutaneous fat or abdominal fat that is the most dangerous and are usually linked to inflammation, type 2 diabetes, insulin resistance, and other deadly health conditions.
Choosing a green tea brand to trust for boxing should not be that difficult, as long as you know where and what to find. Remember that each green tea product is unique when it comes to its taste and benefits. Choose the one that is perfect for your taste buds and your preference so you can take advantage of its boxing benefits while relaxing with a cup of green tea any time of the day.